The Department of Wellness & Recreation seeks an energetic, creative and organized candidate who will advance the educational mission of the University by providing support in the area of Wellness. This graduate assistant will assist the Assistant Director of Wellness & Recreation with the implementation of various health and fitness programs as well as departmental marketing.
This Assistantship is a one-year, 20 hour per week assignment. Compensation includes payment for one class for three semesters (fall, spring and summer) as well as a $6,000 stipend, which comes out to a $500 stipend a month. Total compensation package is worth about $12,000 total.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Supervise and implement the Fitness Assessment Program, working with Hollis Center staff on training and procedures.
- Oversee Hollis Center Staff Committees and monitor progress.
- Assist with programming areas, including, but not limited to, the Burnout Series, Hatter Olympics, “RecFest,” and Feedback Week.
- Plan and implement one, on-campus HIV screening per semester. This includes working with the off-campus organization that provides screening, advertising efforts, appointment scheduling, handouts, set-up of screening and flow on screening day. Most importantly, the GA will communicate and calm students waiting for screening and will refer students to screening sites during the year between on-campus screenings.
- Implement and promote the 21st Birthday project, program feedback forms, and management of promotional brochures.
- Update the department website with new initiatives and changes to current programs (training will be provided).
- Oversee the departmental display board, updating with current information and advertisements within the Department of Wellness and Recreation.
- Update the Facebook page with similar information and further develop the use of Facebook in the department as a marketing strategy.
- Manage the department list-serve in excel, post messages to group as needed.
- Oversee Departmental Assessment by compiling summaries of data collected from trainings, workshops, events, and needs assessment using Microsoft Excel.
- Other duties may be assigned on a needed basis.
Application Procedure: Applicants must submit the following materials: cover letter, resume, and the names/contact information of three professional references. Preference will be given to those applicants who submit their applications prior to May 3.
Send Specific questions and application materials to:
Assistant Director of Wellness & Recreation
421 N. Woodland Blvd, Unit 8334
DeLand, FL 32723